Chaired by Barry Lewis
The group’s priority is to strengthen the UKVA as a trade association that provides a much better range of technical support services, information and advocacy to meet the needs of UK vine growers and winemakers, primarily through a redeveloped website.
An early output from the group is the six point UKVA priorities, a more ambitious definition of the scope of the UKVA as an organization.
- Support, guidance and training;
- bringing the industry together through events, competitions and forums;
- advocacy with government and officialdom;
- guardian of quality standards;
- crop protection – ensuring an adequate range of approved products remains available and providing regular up-to-date guidance to UKVA members;
- promoting research.
Members of the group are Management Committee members Jane Awty, Duncan McNeill, Julia Trustram Eve, Geoff Taylor and Emma Rice.
Copyright © 2016 United Kingdom Vineyards Association. All Rights Reserved.