Applications for PDO/PGI and the Varietal Wine Scheme
List of PDO/PGI wines
Application for PDO/PGI (the Quality Wine and Regional Wine schemes) are now online. Please click here.
- This is available to both members and non-members
- You will need to register to use the system.
- All applications will need to be paid for online at time of submission, to Campden BRI. You can pay using a PayPal account or a credit/debit card.
- You will receive a number of automated emails during the processing of an application which will give you much better visibility of progress, including when your results are expected to be available.
- The process is considered simple and straight forward by its early users. The electronic forms have help text to make completion as straightforward as possible.
- Please note: it is no longer possible to submit paper applications for PDO and PGI (the Varietal Wine Scheme remains a paper-based application - see below).
- Guidance notes for the application process along with scheme rules are available to download from the online system front page.
For Varietal Wine Scheme applications please use this form:
The completed form should be submitted by email. Payment instructions are included on the form.
Wines with PDO or PGI Status
A list of wines assessed prior to the introduction of the online system can be found here: PDO PGI list up to July 2017.
The list of wines assessed since the introduction of the online system are shown below. Note that this list can be sorted by clicking on the column headings to make it easier to find specific entries.
|Type||App No||Approved Date||Owner||Wine Name||Region||Vintage||Style||Colour|